Admissions and Exams Officer
Permanent Full-time post
Term Time plus INSET plus two weeks (41 weeks per year)
The Governors seek to appoint an organised, efficient Admissions and Exams Officer to deliver the school’s admissions processes in accordance with the Admissions Policy, including acting as the first point of contact for prospective parents, the Local Authority, Diocese, Governors and others, managing the procedures and all associated administrative requirements. The successful candidate will also deliver the school’s exams provision, including ensuring compliance with all relevant examining body regulations, management of results days arrangements, leading the exam invigilation provision, and liaising with the SENDCO on access arrangements.
The successful candidates should have:
- Good level of literacy and numeracy :GCSE C grade or equivalent in English & maths
- Be educated to A level or equivalent standard.
- Detailed knowledge of the Admissions Policy and the associated statutory requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the Awarding Bodies and their procedures, regulations, specifications and online communications tools
- A genuine interest in young people, education and being part of the school community and empathy with issues that may affect young people.
- Ability to use SIMS efficiently and other relevant ICT software, including the ability to produce and manipulate data, statistics and reports
- The ability to work strategically and to seek and implement creative solutions, with the desire to improve practice continuously.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to analyse current data and reporting requirements to ensure that current and future reporting requirements are met
- Exceptional organisational/record keeping skills and excellent attention to detail•
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enabling effective communication with staff at all levels, students, parents and outside agencies.
- Commitment to working within the school’s aims with regard to safeguarding, equal opportunities and raising achievement.
- Support the catholic ethos of the school and have a strong commitment to the formation of young
Informal visits are welcomed by prior appointment with the Headteacher.
La Sainte Union welcomes applications from all members of the community irrespective of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability to ensure that the staff is representative of our school and its community.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for the post.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 21st May 2021
Interviews: As soon as possible after closing
Application forms and further details are available on the school website: http://www.lasainteunion.org.uk/Vacancies/
/ or via HR Manager Mrs. Vera Reilly,
Telephone : 020 7428 4600 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org