Based in a school, the Child and Family Support Worker will work from a child centred approach and primarily be concerned with developing and maintaining good working relationships with parents/carers, children, teachers, head teachers and various educational support staff and other agencies.
The workload is varied. The job purpose is to improve the life outcomes and opportunities of children by working with families, parents, carers, children and the school to enable children to have full access to educational opportunities and overcome barriers to learning. This may include working with the wider family and community.
We are looking for candidates with:
- The ability to act as advocate, mediator and negotiator for our parents and carers in a range of situations
- Significant experience of working with and engaging parents and carers and children through individual and group-based support
- The ability to develop and deliver a range of family learning opportunities to support parents and carers to engage more fully in their child’s learning and to reintegrate parents into work or study
- An understanding of how to promote good school attendance and punctuality and how to tackle poor attendance
- Drive, enthusiasm, resilience and positive attitudes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong partnership skills, including ability to work professionally and confidently in close liaison with schools and other agencies
We can offer you:
- A stimulating working environment
- Opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to make a difference within our school
- Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement.
- Enthusiastic children who want to learn
If you would like to find out more or book an appointment to visit the school, please contact the school offices: Rhyl Street: 020 7485 4899 or Grafton Road: 020 7485 1947. A full recruitment pack can be downloaded from our website www.rhylprim.camden.sch.uk.
Start Date: 1 September 2022
Closing Date for Applications: 12pm on Wednesday 13 July 2022
Interview Date: Monday 18 July 2022
The responsibilities of the post require the post-holder to have substantial, unsupervised and daily contact with children, young people and their families and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.