Deputy Head of Mathematics (2i/c)
Full Time permanent – MPS UPS
Required for September 2020, a well-qualified, enthusiastic teacher of mathematics to join our thriving and successful Mathematics Department as Deputy Head of Department (2i/c).
Applicants must be able to teach across the age and ability range including GCSE and A Level Mathematics. The department makes a significant contribution to Advanced level teaching, running A level groups including Further Maths and offers extra-curricular GSCE Further Maths.
Camden School for Girls is a successful and oversubscribed inner London comprehensive secondary school. We have been identified five times by government ministers as one of the top 100 schools in the country. The school has also been described as “outstanding” by Ofsted in all categories.
Details about the school and department are available on our website. Completed application forms to be returned to the headteacher’s office at email@example.com.
Camden School for Girls is committed to safeguarding students. Appointed staff require an Enhanced Disclosure through the DBS.
Deputy Head of Maths Department (2i/c)
This description is not necessarily a comprehensive description of the post. The responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities of the Conditions of Employment.
- To contribute to the teaching of the department across all three academic stages
- To participate in the development of appropriate syllabuses, materials and schemes of work.
- To assess pupils’ work on a regular basis and to record that assessment
- To report on pupils when required and to participate in meetings with parents to discuss pupils’ progress
- To display the work of pupils and to ensure that classrooms are made into attractive learning environments
- To participate in meetings with colleagues
- a) To deputise for the head of department in their absence.
- b) To organise cover work when members of the department are absent due to illness.
- c) To have overall responsibility for Key Stage 4– in detail this means:
- Working with the HOD to initiate and oversee the curriculum planning for Key Stage 4 in the department
- Ordering and administering resources for Key Stage 4 teaching and assessment
- Submitting examination entries (if applicable)
- Running sections of departmental meetings which relate to Key Stage 4
- Monitoring the completion of Key Stage 4 progress checks and profiles by deadlines set
- Maintaining links with SENCO regarding the needs of Key Stage 4 students
- Through liaison and discussion with department keeping Key Stage 4 materials under review and evaluating and/or producing new resources
- Overseeing and monitoring teaching and learning across Key Stage 4
- Monitoring pupils’ progress and co-ordinating intervention sessions where appropriate
- Co-ordinating work scrutiny for Key Stage 4
d) To act as Team Leader for member of Maths department in the school’s Performance Management process
Please contact Katherine Newton – firstname.lastname@example.org – for further information or see or website www.camdengirls.camden.sch.uk