Permanent Full-time post
Term Time plus INSET plus two weeks (41 weeks per year)
The Governors seek to appoint a well-qualified, efficient Finance Officer to provide effective and efficient management of school finances and ensure that financial procedures are followed. The Finance Officer is expected to support budget holders and other staff to ensure value for money is achieved at all times, and to ensure the smooth operation of the finance function of the school so that financial deadlines and audit requirements are met.
The successful candidates should have:
- Experience of working within a financial environment using a purchase/sales ledger.
- Highly accurate keyboard skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent ICT skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of financial management and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and financial management systems e.g.FMS6
- Be able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- GCSE maths and English at grade C or above, or the equivalent.
- Ideally be Studying towards AAT or equivalent finance qualification.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; able to deal with students, staff, parents and other visitors to the school in a professional calm, polite and friendly and helpful manner.
- Commitment to working within the school’s aims with regard to safeguarding, equal opportunities and raising achievement.
- Support the catholic ethos of the school and have a strong commitment to the formation of young
Informal visits are welcomed by prior appointment with the Headteacher.
La Sainte Union welcomes applications from all members of the community irrespective of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability to ensure that the staff is representative of our school and its community.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for the post.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 21st May 2021
Interviews: As soon as possible after closing
Application forms and further details are available on the school website: http://www.lasainteunion.org.uk/Vacancies/
/ or via HR Manager Mrs. Vera Reilly,
Telephone : 020 7428 4600 e-mail: email@example.com