Music Learning Hub
Which staff would benefit from joining and why?
All Music teachers in Camden secondary schools and Music Coordinators in Camden Primary schools.
Performing Arts teachers and senior leaders who line-manage and observe Music lessons.
What does the Hub plan to achieve and what resources will be created?
- Build the network of Secondary Music teachers in Camden, developing practitioner confidence in teaching outstanding Music lessons.
- Consolidate Music teachers’ understanding of what outstanding Music teaching can look like in Camden.
- Build relationships between Secondary and feeder Primary schools in order that students from disadvantaged backgrounds that have participated in Primary school Music are more likely to continue playing Music at Secondary school.
- Create a set of minimum musical expectations for students at the beginning of Year 7.
- A set of age-related expectations for students at KS3 in Camden which schools can benchmark against.
Lead SchoolsWilliam Ellis School
Head of Music
020 7267 9346