Robson House is the base of Camden’s Primary Learning Support Service (PLSS). The Service includes the Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PPRU) and the Behaviour Outreach Team. Robson House PRU is a specialist therapeutic and educational placement for children who cannot attend mainstream school because of social, emotional and mental health needs, or who have been permanently excluded from school. The primary task of Robson House PRU is to meet the social, emotional, mental health and academic needs of highly vulnerable children, so that they are able to make accelerated progress, and be ready for their next stage in learning. We aim to provide a stimulating and secure learning environment for pupils and to give each pupil a positive experience of school.
We are seeking an experienced teacher to work as part of this dynamic and pioneering service. Within this key role you will plan and teach stimulating and challenging lessons in flexible and creative ways in order to engage and motivate groups of primary-aged children with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs. We are looking for a skilled and experienced primary school practitioner, with recent experience of teaching classes in primary mainstream or special schools and who has experience of working with children with SEMH needs.
- Qualified teacher status (essential)
- Additional recognised SEN qualification (desirable)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of early years and primary age subjects / curriculum areas and related pedagogy
- Knowledge and understanding of child development
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Effective analytical skills to monitor and assess child progress using a variety of data
- Recent experience of teaching in a primary mainstream or special school
This post is subject to QTS status and the current conditions of employment for teachers contained in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document and other current legislation.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check