Swiss Cottage School, Development and Research Centre is a special needs school in the London Borough of Camden. We have 260 pupils aged 2 to 19 who are identified with complex needs. Our school provision is focused on recognising the potential of each individual pupil. We are committed to providing an outstanding standard of education through meaningful research which informs our teaching and learning approaches. Our school is focused on positive relationships, and embraces a multi-agency provision which places the pupil and their family at the core of everything we aim to do. Positive attitude and effective communication which enables teamwork is fundamental. We are a Teaching School, and can offer you a school community which is committed to research, innovation, professional development, and supportive of pathways into the teaching profession.
Teaching Assistants are fundamental to the holistic progress our pupils achieve. We require experience and confidence in supporting learners with complex communication needs, who may be pre-verbal or non-verbal. Experience with complex needs in Early Years, Primary, and/or Secondary Special Needs Provisions will be valuable to support our philosophies towards learning.
We want to make sure you understand our school provision and the expectations of the role. Tours and classroom observations are available on request. Please contact the school to book a time to visit if interested.
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through experience in the classroom.
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through completion of relevant courses and training, demonstrating a commitment to continued professional development and learning (CPDL).
- Positive attitude and positive behaviour management philosophies
- Qualifications at Level 2 in literacy and numeracy
- Experience with research related to special educational needs
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the job description and application form.
Swiss Cottage School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions will be subject to five years of satisfactory references and DBS checks. Please note that we are unable to accept applications from those aged under 18 years.